Choosing a designer
What to Look For In a Web Designer
Always review a designer's portfolio. Things to look for are:
• Does the designer's style complement yours?
• Do the pages load fast?
• Is the site easy to navigate?
• Do all links work properly?
• Are there any broken images?
• Are there misspelled words or obvious grammatical errors?
• Does the web page view properly in your browser? (It is important to choose a designer who understands cross-platform compliance.)
• Does the designer understand SEO? (Search Engine Optimization - will they spend time on your keywords to zero in on your target market?)
•Does the designer have a written contract with a time-line for completion?
• How long has the designer been in the area? It is important to choose a designer who will continue to be here next week, next month or next year so that you don't experience an interruption in service. I live in northern San Luis Obispo County. My family has lived in the area (both sides) for 5 generations! I am happy to meet with clients in Paso Robles, Templeton, Atascadero, Santa Margarita, Cambria, Cayucos or Morro Bay.
• Most importantly, you should hire someone who listens and understands YOUR vision. Don’t let someone talk you into something that you are not. You need someone who is willing to listen to your individual business needs, and then translate them into the perfect website for you!